Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 6, 2009

Free Portable Indonesia Local Antivirus Effectively Removes Indonesian or Asian Virus

There are many types of virus and each has its own characteristics. Some will use the infected computer to launch an attack to a website, some to steal information, some to prank the user by making Windows behaving very weirdly but the one that I fear most are the ones that causes massive destruction on Windows by infecting all executables (.exe) file and making it impossible to cure/heal the files again.

So far the worst one I encountered was JambanMu, a destructive virus originated from Indonesia. I spent 8 hours trying to clean it off from a computer lab but ended up bringing it back at home and infected both my laptop and desktop. Then after a few days, somehow the virus came back and infected all of the machines! I ended up reformatting all 30 computers and installed Returnil Virtual System to prevent any future virus from infecting the computer.


Yeah I lost a lot of files that time and I couldn’t recover them back… Now there’s a new one called Windx-Maxtrox, a virus also from Indonesia that is capable of infecting executable files. From my experience, many antivirus and removal tools couldn’t clean virus originated from Asia very well. When Brontok virus is still very new, a few major antivirus companies like Kaspersky and BitDefender has removal tools that supposedly can clean it off but it didn’t work at all. Then I found a tool called Brontok-Washer developed by an Indonesian that worked perfectly. Anyway, what I wanted to share with you all today is I have a collection of free portable antivirus tool developed by Indonesians that is very effective in removing virus originated from Indonesia and Asian countries. Some of them can even detect popular international virus.

Comments :

0 comments to “Free Portable Indonesia Local Antivirus Effectively Removes Indonesian or Asian Virus”